the Van Dyke's

the Van Dyke's

Monday, July 16, 2012

Another check up...

First of all I want to thank everyone who expressed their love and concern to us, especially the last week. Jon and I are both overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and compassion that so many of you have shown to us... THANK YOU!!! We continue to struggle with so many unanswered questions, but we can't change things and today we are accepting the unknown better, so that's a blessing. Who knows how we'll feel about things tomorrow, but at least today is a better and brighter day.

Jon goes in for his 4 week check up again... these appointments are becoming all too routine for us. It's all part of our new life. Jon has been experiencing a lot more neck pain, and that is definitely going to be a topic of conversation today. He's been on vicodin for the last 4 weeks to help ease the pain, and some days it helps and others not so much. I'll be honest, I HATE that he is taking it (I don't tell him that), but I also completely understand that he needs relief and if that's how he can get some relief then I need to get over that hatred. I truly understand that they are needed in this situation, it's just hard for me to stomach, because honestly I've seen too many people get messed up because of pain meds, not to mention lives ruined, and I just don't want our journey to take that route.

Ugh, I just worry too much... I know I need to let things go, easier said than done, but I have to try!!! I came across this saying this morning on Pinterest... it hit me hard... hard enough to make me cry, but sometimes you just need that...

I think I may need to frame it and put it where I can see it as a constant reminder, that no matter how bad it gets or how low I feel that God has a perfect plan for Jon and I, and this journey with {Lyme}... we will survive, tears will be shed, nights may be sleepless, questions unanswered, but it's our journey and we'll fight it together and we're going to be stronger because of it all.

Make EVERY Moment Count!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment