the Van Dyke's

the Van Dyke's

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

a much needed break...

Not much has happened over here in the {lyme} light, and we are not complaining about that!!! Jon continues to have good and bad days. He is still working 8 hour days, which is great. However, once we does get home he is beat and spends a lot of time in his comfy chair, with achy feet and legs. I am trying hard to be a good wife by giving foot & leg rubs when the pain is really intense, but I think it would be pretty sweet to have a personal masseuse.

Jon took a much needed vacation from work and spent some time up north in Ellsworth with his brother in-law this past weekend. He was able to enjoy nature at it's finest and spent a little time in the boat catching bluegills. I think the break away from the stress at home and work was really good for him, now I'm just waiting for my turn... LOL!!!

He also had Monday off from work and decided to spend a little time in the woods behind his parents turkey hunting. This is the 1st year he hasn't spent hours in the woods waiting for the perfect tom turkey. Hunting was very different this year... the ambition was just not there, and paired with the pain in his body, it's been difficult. Well, I'm pleased to say that Monday morning he came across a tom and was able to take a shot. He was pretty happy, and for once in my life, I was thrilled. It was nice to see the glow in his eyes. It's been awhile since I've seen that joy, and it truly warmed my heart.

{Constance, Jon & Chloe}

You never know when life is going to throw you a curve ball. We are just trying to survive and enjoy the good moments together. Unfortunately there are plenty of bad days, but we are trying hard not to dwell on those days. We have been blessed with such wonderful family and friends. I know I say it all the time, but we really have. In fact tonight a good family friend stopped by and dropped off a meal, listened to me go on and on (yup, I admit it, I'm a talker... LOL!!!), and made me promise we would contact them if we needed anything. She left and I cried. What may have seemed like a small token of love in her eyes, was a seen as a HUGE token of love to our family. We truly are blessed!

We thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming. Jon started his new meds this week, and at this point we haven't seen any change, but it's early yet. We hope the future changes are for the good, but you never know, and we are trying to remain optimistic. 

This is also my last week of work and it is very bittersweet. I am SO ready for a break from work. Time to get things back in order here at the house and spend some much needed time with the girls and Jon. Yet in the midst of my excitement for summer vacation, I can't help but feel heartbroken knowing I will not be going back to the job that I've known and loved for so many years. I've been reassured that I will have a job next fall, but the decision is up to the district, and they could place me anywhere... and honestly, that scares me. I'm trying to stay positive, but sometimes you just need to break down. A good cry can do wonders for me sometimes.

Phew... what I thought was going to be a quick post, ended up being a little lengthy. Thanks again for all of your love and support... bedtime is in 12 minutes, time to rally up the troops and start bedtime routine. ((((((((HUGS)))))))) from our house to yours!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment