the Van Dyke's

the Van Dyke's

Saturday, May 5, 2012

When it rains...

it pours!!!

Many of you have asked me how Jon's new meds are going... thank you SO much for thinking of him!!! His doc wants him to finish the meds he has been taking and once those are gone he will then start the next round of antibiotics. He has started the antidepressant, but those take a few weeks before they start to kick in. So in the land of meds, there hasn't been much, if any, of a change.

Unfortunately one of the "triggers" for Jon is stress. We all know that stress is a normal part of life, and if you know our family there's never a dull moment in the stress department. When Jon is stressed he can't sleep, gets frustrated, gets angry, his pain level increases drastically, which in turn leaves him exhausted, but unable to sleep. It's a vicious cycle, and this week there has been an increase in stress for our family.

A few weeks ago we received some bad news about my job. It's long, mess of a situation, and I won't bore you with all the details, but in 13 days my job that I've held for 10+ years will be no more. It's been really hard emotionally on me, especially since the situation is completely out of my hands. If you know me, you know I like to have everything in control, so giving up the control of the situation is very hard for me to stomach. I have been informed that I will be placed somewhere else within the district, but those decisions are not made until late July, early August. I have asked to be placed in a particular position, but there's no guarantee. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely lucky that they will find me a new position, but it's still hard. I'm leaving behind a job that I loved and knew well, not to mention some really special friends. Ugh, I could on and on, but I'll stop there.

I've been trying to stay positive about it and not add to Jon's stress level. However, like I've said before, we are a team and I wear my feelings on my sleeve. He's really trying to be supportive, but I know it's bothering him too. Please continue to send good thoughts and extra prayers our way. We just have so much going on right now... we are feeling a tad overwhelmed, but we WILL get through this.

We are truly blessed, and in the midst of all these "rain showers", we are trying to find the sunshine. This morning I was greeted by 3 of the most beautiful little blondies. The big one told me I was the best mom ever! The middle one came up and gave me a giant hug, and wiped her runny nose on my jammies. And the little one danced her way into my lap for some snuggles. Yes, we are indeed blessed!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, my heart goes out to all of you! If only we could handle one problem at a time but they seem to come in clusters:( You have a wonderful family and I am Praying for you all! Maybe I should Pray for a very large umbrella to protect you all? Certain;y Prayers for you and your job, Jon and the girls; for strength, peace, patience and yes, even rest! {{{Hugs}}}
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda!!! A large umbrella would be AWESOME :) You're family is in our prayers too!!!

      Delete
  2. I continiue to pray for you all. I heard a quote the other day and I believe it fits..."If God brings you to it he'll bring you through it." If there is anything Ican do to help please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn I am so sorry to read that you are dealing with so much right now. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers since I heard a few weeks ago that there were some unfortunates changes going on at school. I am really sad for you too because you are right, you had a special team there and you made a difference in many little lives. We continue to lift you us as you soldier on. xo

    ReplyDelete